Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Hosomaki & Rolling

At various times of day during our conversations, Michael keeps asking, "Are you going to blog about that?" And the answer is usually "Yes." So I have quite a mental list of things to expound on here. The most recent (and most exciting) one happened last night.

We had just returned home from a fireside at the Bishop's home and were playing with Nathanael on the floor. Michael set him down on his belly to give him some practice strengthening his legs and as soon as he hit the blanket he rolled over! Michael set him down again after considerable celebrating and hugging him and he did it again! The second time he startled himself nearly as much as both of us! He looked so surprised to be on his back all of the sudden!

When we got out the camera though, he was content to stay on his belly and practice using his crawling muscles! :) So I don't have any pictures of the momentous occasion.

The other fun event of yesterday was Michael's birthday! We had some friends over for cake and ice cream, but when I brought the cake out, the rotating fan spun around and blew the candles out before we were even done singing!

Michael received a sushi-making kit for his birthday, and he is very excited to get started making delicious creations out of nori with gari and wasabi on the side! I am very excited to be the guinea pig that he tries his creations out on!

No comments: