Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Big Accomplishments

I found this quote (which I have adapted to me for this entry) on the blog of a friend-of-a-friend. She is a young mom too and I just love the way she put this:

"...I realized that I had woken up that day with the idea that I was Bethany Deardeuff, Person Who Does Things and Accomplishes Stuff. I SHOULD have woken up with the idea that I was Bethany Deardeuff, Mom of Nathanael Deardeuff, Who Needs Things and Who is a Big Accomplishment That Doesn't Always Seem Like One at the Time."

Doesn't that just sum it all up?

from http://rachnabe.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html (june 10)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love the blog, and your son is so cute! We also just started a blog (in addition to our website). It's http://bruesekefamily.blogspot.com/

whitney said...

yes... it DOES sum it all up. great quote! your little dude is so cute! it looks like you guys are enjoying seattle. :)

Heather said...

Well said! It makes those days when you actually do accomplish something (shock!) seem so fulfilling!