But back to Nathanael. We had such a fun time laughing with him yesterday. He lights up our home. Here are a few sweet smiles I was able to capture.

Here is the lastest upload from my camera. It includes quite a range of photos, from me riding a bike at the science center to a cherry picker truck painted giraffe-style. Of course there are also pictures of Nathanael not a few! (I have now posted the links to pictures on the side bar at the top of the blog. They are separated by subject instead of date.)

Lastly, to explain the title of my post, ever since Nathanael was born I have been giving him nicknames. Not the suggested Nate-dogg and Nathan, but more unusual names such as Bubsie and Papoose-wa. I call him Nathanael too of course, but for a few weeks whatever quasi-random combination of syllables came out of my mouth was his name. (Now my favorites have solidified and I'm out of the highly productive stage.)
At first I felt a little guilty about this, we spent all this energy finding the perfect name to give our son, and then I don't even use it! But now I realize that is just one part of being a mom: I get to let my personality dictate the fun parts of life a bit. And the fact that I call him by nicknames about 70% of the time doesn't mean I don't love him. Quite the opposite in fact. I love to be called by endearing nicknames and so I call Nathanael silly names to show him my affection.
Well I started this post on Thursday, but now it is early in the wee hours of Friday. Little Bubsie is finally asleep after an unusually vigorous crying spell, so it's time that mom went to bed!

No comments:
Post a Comment